openvds-support

Re: [Openvds-support] ssh/ftp

From: River Hume
Subject: Re: [Openvds-support] ssh/ftp
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 07:45:27 -0800

At 06:36 PM 1/25/02, you wrote:
RH> ...Anyone had any experience setting up IMAP on virtual servers?

imap I heard some people a while back in the freevsd list that
discussed IMAP. Might want to check out it's archive about that one. I
haven't checked into IMAP on virtuals yet.

Any vague idea when this was? The list search is STILL busted

RH> Got one issue so far with the webadmin tool that is that you can't
RH> grant login permission from the web without hacking the code for
RH> webadmin.

Yeah granting ssh access to users that is added to the VS =)
In the silly thing you can grant them telnet access but nobody in
their right mind want to give anyone telnet access to a box somewhere
on the internet :P .. please ssh nothing else.. So I hacked it crudely
so instead of giving telnet access it will give the user login acces
;P that way I "removed" the telnet option from the web and replace it
with ssh login access.

I would love to use this 'hack' of yours... it DEFINATELY sounds like an improvement. Telnet is lame. I would like to use this with the hack to make it work with svsd, and contribute the result to openvds... I'd probably set it up to allow either one to be set up from the web, for sake of functionality, but with a BIG red flag warning about the use of such insecure protocols as telnet...

-River