oroborus-user

[Oroborus-user] Focus issues with Java applications in oroborus

From: Chris
Subject: [Oroborus-user] Focus issues with Java applications in oroborus
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 20:07:14 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I'm aware that the oroborus project is kind of in sleep mode, but if anyone can
help out, that would be appreciated. The problem I'm explaining might not seem
to be related to oroborus, but I managed to get the same things working under
TWM, so there's something in oroborus that accounts for this difference even if
it seems unrelated at first glance.

When running certain Java GUI applications (in this case, a
javax.swing.JFrame), I cannot focus on components of type JPanel, while I can
focus on JTextFields. Running the exact same application under TWM, the focus
works as expected also on the JPanel. Note that the focus on the window itself
(the JFrame) works fine under both WMs. I don't know exactly why the WM would
affect the selection of sub-components in the window, but obviously it does.

I've tried to dig a bit in the oroborus source code, but I'm not familiar with
coding X-related things, so I can't even begin to guess what the issue is (if
there is one). If anyone can either figure out why this happens and suggest a
patch, or can give me some pointers to where in the code to look for it, I'd
appreciate it. Or, if I seem to have messed something up and this isn't at all
related to oroborus, that would also be useful :)

Note: Running oroborus-2.0.18 under FreeBSD without any desktop environment.

BR,
  Chris