osip-dev

Re: [osip-dev] eXosip transactions, incoming

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [osip-dev] eXosip transactions, incoming
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 10:15:06 +0200

2012/10/1 KURTH Christoph <address@hidden>
Hi,

Hi Christoph,

on one hand there are lists for the pending SIP transactions (e.g. SIP-INFO),
on the other hand eXosip accepts in the incoming direction only
one simultaneous SIP-INFO transaction.
(while one is pending, all other requests are answered with a 5xx response).

My question is: has someone tried using eXosip with simultaneous transactions ?
Does it work – or is there a reason why this is currently deactivated ?

My understanding of SIP is, that the CSeq number distinguishes the transactions
That are handled in parallel; so the protocol would allow this.

The cseq differentiate transactions, however, parallel transactions in the same dialog
is not allowed in theory by the specification. Every transactions must happen "in sequence".

There may be room for improvements (accepting "faster" a new transaction), however
the delay to accept a new transaction is there to make sure the "operation" made by
previous transaction has been processed on remote side: if this rule is broken, the
stack wouldn't be compliant any more I think.

If you have something to propose and can prove compliance, I'll be very glad to integrate!

Regards
Aymeric

Br,
Christoph.