osip-dev

Re: TCP/TLS support in current (>5.0) eXosip releases

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: TCP/TLS support in current (>5.0) eXosip releases
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 09:27:46 -0500

I think I figured it out.  TCP mode is only usable in client mode currently. I was expecting to see a bound tcp listener because I used eXosip_listen_addr(), but apparently that is not true anymore.

SipWitchQt actually had a hard requirement for a bound TCP listener, but I already vendor eXosip2 in it, so I can have that locally build with ENABLE_MAIN_SOCKET. Most of my more recent stuff actually does not, so until I noticed there was no bound socket, I did not even realize this change :). For example, in coventry, I want to do upstream/trunking as sip tcp, but even there I only look like a client registering to an upstream provider.