palito-dev

[palito-dev] saving orders, semi-functional drawing functions, and ...

From: Michael Devey
Subject: [palito-dev] saving orders, semi-functional drawing functions, and ... stuff
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 14:41:25 +1100

howdy

set, save, prepend and append orderlists, I hope without any memory leaks. I moved addto_group off shift (now used by set orders so you can see straight away what you've changed to). Need to write functions to determine what units are allowed what orders - currently just stripping out building orders (which don't work anyway because we add units to the map (not just draw them) before they start getting built - on TODO I know.
--
The idea was to get the dashline,dashsemicircle working so patrol could be visually represented (toggle patrol with p - now that I think of it I should also turn it off with esc left click on nothing etc :/) but flush "time" (as opposed to $walk) plays havoc with it - negatives for reasons I don't understand (I'm passing the problem :)

also another strange error I can't fix - with x11.c flush_semicircle a1 (radians to the start of arc) is 0 at 9'oclock so I move it by M_PI but this has surprising results on dashsemicircle in twodee.c the dimishing arc at the end starts of almost another segment on from where it's spose to finish at certain angles - see exampleuse01.flush making the unit go left and slightly down.

Also I was thinking of using a stack of some sort and using XDrawArcS and XDrawLineS for some performance increase (instead of million XDrawLine calls) - we could do the same thing with polyline.
--
I put some kiddie like messages in the key proccessing (k toggles) but now that I think about it maybe I should have put in Tellunits - but then it's harder to tell update if the key arrangements change (they need to - and we'll prolly have custimisable keys later yes?)

anyway it's a bit of a mess but the idea is there.

I don't think there's anything else I did a half-arsed job of :/ :}

oh yes there is 2 rotating quad functions so instead of doing mental backflips (like making the blades in wing.flush) in flush you can just use these functions with entirely too many inputs (it'd be faster too) these also get confused by time (fine with $walk).

Anyway hoping you can fix my mistakes, if not I think orderlists is useable.
bunzip2 and patch -Np1 -i for a look.

talk to you soon,

myke