palito-dev

Re: [palito-dev] Re: New renderer

From: barrett
Subject: Re: [palito-dev] Re: New renderer
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 05:17:24 -0300

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 09:06:40PM +0100, Tom Barnes-Lawrence wrote:
>  Hmm, I thought a bit about using flush, but I figured it wasn't quite
> suitable for doing everything (it does seem to do graphics well). For
> a start, I need to export C callbacks to the texturer functions. I don't
> think Flush can do that without hard-coding the functions in.

I implemented some months ago a function like flush_registerNewFunction()
to make it possible to add new instructions in the flush language
(or a flush code to call a C function..), but removed it later as
I found a better way to work around the limitations that drived me
to do that.  But I can make it again, if it can be useful.
Flush is only being used in Palito until now, but I'm trying to keep
it in a way that can be useful as a separate library as well.
I didn't understand your issue very well, what exactly would you like
to Flush to be able to?

barrett