pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Feature request

From: gaw zay
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Feature request
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 09:10:01 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 17 Mar 2002, Charles Kerr wrote:

> This is something that a lot of people have asked for, but it's not going
> to happen immediately because our plates are full.  File a bugzilla request
> and I'll flag it for a 0.12.x release so that I don't forget about it.

I figured people would have requested it, it's pretty obvious this would be
'nice'. I'll get over to bugzilla and do it.

> Actually, though I was the one who fixed the posting bug, Chris and Gabi
> deserve more credit on 0.11.2.90 than I do -- they did all the hard work. :)

my hats off to everyone involved, nice work getting yenc integrated to quickly
as well, this is a cause of much concern on many groups as I'm sure people
realize.

I have a question, there is a very nice little posting tool called netpost
that I and I'm sure many have been using to do our posts it's VERY unixy in
that it does the one job it's made for very well, has anyone looked at dropping
it into pan for posting purposes? It is GPL and it borrows some pan code
(which I guess is redundant to say heh) so why not borrow back :-)
I'm not enough of an expert as to whether it's powerful enough to steal from.

cheers,

brian
---
All progress is the work of fanatics
All fanatics are the work of progress
  8:00am  up 2 days,  7:02,  4 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00