pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] newbie: Why no stable "connection"?

From: Haines Brown
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] newbie: Why no stable "connection"?
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 06:27:53 -0500

Brian,

> dig works with nameservers, try telnet news.yourhosthere.com 119 that is the
> default news port and you should be able to connect to it and it should
> spew a msg similar to this:
>
> Trying 199.45.49.11...
> Connected to news.bellatlantic.net.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> 200 Powered by Twister 2.0 -- nwrddc01 (Twister v2.0.5.1)

Turned out that my ISP went to Prodigy a short time ago and did not
think to tell their help people that this affected the server name. I
happened to hit the right person there, and voila!

Yes, with the port added, telnet now works on the proper address. So
does pan, it seems, for I got the group list.

Thanks

Haines