pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Feature requests: Colors

From: Charles Sullivan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Feature requests: Colors
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 15:35:00 -0500

There's one problem with colors (and quoting) which I think warrents
attention - the attribution and the quoted material are different
colors.  For example, consider the following response to an
original post:
----------------------------------
John wrote:
> Blah, blah, blah.
> - John

I think you're wrong John, it's really blah, blah.
- Harry
----------------------------------

The lines prefixed with '>' are colored but the attribution
("John wrote") and the added material are B&W.  This is strictly
speaking correct in that it's Harry (or at least his newsreader)
that provides the attribution.  However in a thread with more
than two levels of quoting, the colors (IMO) tend to be more
confusing than helpful in trying to figure out who said what.

I'd prefer the attribution to be in the same color as the
quoted material, although I realize this could be difficult or
impossible to implement in the general thread where one or more
responders butcher the format when attempting to clip
extraneous material.

Regards,
Charles Sullivan