pan-users

[Pan-users] 0.11.90 and 0.11.3

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: [Pan-users] 0.11.90 and 0.11.3
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 07:06:48 -0800

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 12:18:26PM +0000, address@hidden wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Apr 2002 16:41:54 -0800, King Charles wrote:

>> I've put up tarballs of Pan 0.11.90 at
>> http://pan.rebelbase.com/download/0.11.90/.
>>

> Ummm..... where's that 0.11.3 that I've been waiting
> for ??
>
> No need bleeding edge right now, just wanna something
> that I can download and run.

0.11.3 is still in the works.  The 0.11.90 announcment explains:

About 0.11.90

    This is a port of Pan to gtk2.  It's being developed in parallel with
    Pan 0.11.3 (which uses gtk1), so 0.11.9x and 0.11.2.9x share bugfixes
    and features.  However, 0.11.9x adds some new, unique features:

    * Better Internationalization
      Pan can now finally diaplay and post messages and headers in their
      appropriate charsets and fonts.

    * Much Smaller Library Requirements
      Pan 0.11.90 no longer requires Gnome.  This is to make it easier to
      install Pan on small systems (and, soon, Windows).  Note that we're
      not dropping Gnome -- we LOVE Gnome -- but it's now optional instead
      of manditory.

    * Better Display of Inline Pictures
      The awkward way Pan 0.11.x combines text and inline images has
      been cleaned up thanks to improvements in gtk2.

    * New Filter UI
      The article filter GUI has been rewritten so that several changes can
      be made at once in a single refiltering, so that subject/author filters
      can be kept as one changes from group to group, and so that it is
      completely navigatable from keyboard accelerators.

FWIW there's not much left to be done before 0.11.3.

cheers,
Charles