pan-users

[Pan-users] Pan and modems

From: Graham Orr
Subject: [Pan-users] Pan and modems
Date: 13 Apr 2002 22:50:42 +0100

Hi,

I'm using a 56k modem (boo!) with an ISP that disconnects me every two
hours (double boo!). Recently, I've been downloading some pretty large
files from the newserver by leaving the machine on overnight. When the
two hour disconnect happens, Pan happily reconnects and continues...
most of the time, but it seems to give up and go offline really easily
though. If the modem doesn't reconnect immediately, then that's it... no
more downloading. Or if, as has happened a lot more over the last few
days, the connection stops for a while and then disconnects (noise on
the line or whatever)... no more downloading.

Have I missed some settings to make Pan more persistent? Or is it
possible to add some preferences to make Pan more usable for those of us
with crappy internet connections.

Regardless, Pan is great stuff. Thanks for all the hard work.

--
Graham