pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan and modems

From: Graham Orr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan and modems
Date: 17 Apr 2002 10:49:59 +0100

On Tue, 2002-04-16 at 20:30, Charles Kerr wrote:

> Perhaps, if a task fails because a socket connection can't be opened,
> the task should `sleep' for awhile before retrying?

So have I understood what's going on here:

When the modem disconnects, Pan's socket connection times out after 1
minute. If the modem has reconnected before that 1 minute is up, the
next task retry reconnects and continues downloading... if the modem
hasn't reconnected, Pan goes into a loop quickly retrying and failing
until it reaches the retry limit, and then goes offline.

Maybe Pan should always have a short delay after any task fail, and not
just a socket connection open failure? Maybe a setting for X seconds to
wait between each task retry?

--
Graham