pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] dialer

From: gaw zay
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] dialer
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 09:57:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, sam ende wrote:

> i have been using pan for several weeks now and have come to the
> conclusion that it is not as user friendly as it could be.

can't please all the people all the time I guess.

> it could be there are ways and means of the user incorperating features which
> i am used to and which i miss on pan, but i don't know how to do this, and
> really, i think they should be there in the first place. such as dial on
> demand.

re: dial on demand
this has nothing to do with pan, look into diald which already exists.

> i have also noticed that if the connection gets dropped while pan is open and
> you reconnect that pan cannot, for some reason, accept this. it isimpossible
> to download and read articles that are not stored. you have to shut down pan
> and then reload. considering the idiosyncronies of someservers, especially
> when they're upgrading and unstable, that can be a real pain.

hm. never noticed this, in fact I don't think it's true ...

what version of pan are you using?

brian
--
Never be afraid to tell the world who you are.
             -- Anonymous