pan-users

[Pan-users] weird one : 0.11.2 conflates servers!

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] weird one : 0.11.2 conflates servers!
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 15:37:36 -0400 (EDT)

        Having failed to find an 0.12 to download that would
install, I fired up 0.11.2 again, and got something passing
strange.

        For some months, with no trouble, I've been following
groups on three servers: grc (i.e., news.grc.com), opera (i.e.,
news.opera.no, and Vzn (i.e., news.bellatalntic.com) all of them
through my DSL access to verizon.net.

        Clicking on Servers got me the list of three, and clicking
on each got me the groups on each -- as expected.

        Today, whether because of the failed installs or for some
other reason, clicking on Vzn and opera both get the same result as
before -- same groups, same numbers unread and total (afaik), same
lists of messages (again afaik).

        BUT.

        Clicking on grc gets me the Vzn list, with my grc list
stuck in between dc.org.linux-users and misc.forsale.whatever,
where nothing was before -- and where I didn't see them till I
scrolled down a ways.

        All the group-name entries (of groups from Vzn, not from
grc) in the list that grc brings up show 0 straight down both the
unread and the total columns. But the old grc groups look to have
the same content -- once you find them.

        Otoh, the same vzn groups have what appear to be their
correct data in the list that comes up when I actually click Vzn.

        I haven't tried clicking on a vzn group in the grc list.

--
RR 'Beartooth' Neuswanger <karhunhammas (at) Lserv.com>
Delenda est MegaSleazo!