pan-users

[Pan-users] filter editing, rule precedence

From: bergman
Subject: [Pan-users] filter editing, rule precedence
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:28:25 +0200

Is there a way to edit an existing filter within the "Custom Filters" dialog box
once it has been added? It's a real pain to create a long regex, test it, then
exit Pan, edit the filters.xml file and restart Pan.

Does Pan check for changes to the filters.xml or rules.xml files and re-read
them, or is there a way to force it to re-read the files?

Is there anyway to run custom rules in a specified order? For example, I want to
filter out the bulk of postings, then perform a different set of actions
(downloading the message bodies, for example) on the remaining posts. I'd like
to chain rules together.

Is there any kind of guide to filters and rules and regular expressions as used
in Pan?
----
Mark Bergman