pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Problems installing on RH 7.1

From: Maxx Excaliber
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Problems installing on RH 7.1
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 09:58:22 -0400

Quoting Charles Kerr <address@hidden>:

> I don't have Ximian, so I can't speak to that.
> But Pan doesn't require any snapshot versions of libraries:
> All the dependencies you've listed are actual releases.
> The "-devel" indicates that they're headers, etc. for doing
> builds, not that they're unstable releases.
>
> This is explained in the building Pan 0.12 HOWTO,
> you need to go get those three libraries from rpmfind.

Charles:
Not to belabor a point, but I *did* do the obvious and I *did* check RPMFind. I
couldn't find those. The only versions I was able to find on that site were for
other distros. So I did an "rpmfind --apropos" on them and located
the "snapshot" versions on Ximian's site. *shrug* There *were* others, but that
was the site that caught my attention. There were some available from a RedHat
site, but they were old versions.... so, I went with what I could find...