pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] All the sudden, my Pan v0.12.x broke on both of my Red H

From: Phillip Pi
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] All the sudden, my Pan v0.12.x broke on both of my Red Hat Linux 7.x boxes!
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 00:05:14 -0700 (PDT)

How strange. I decided to come back to try Pan v0.12.1 RPMs on both of my
Red Hat Linux 7.1 and 7.2 boxes. 7.1 still failed to load Pan with the
same old error: "pan: relocation error: /usr/lib/libXft.so.2: undefined
symbol: XRenderCompositeText8". Manual compilation (.tar.gz) failed as
well (same errors from 0.12.0).

I tried again with my Red Hat Linux 7.2 box, and guess what? It runs
again! I didn't do anything special. Why do I have a feeling it will break
again after a day?

I think for now, I will leave 7.1 box to use old Pan and upgrade again
whenever I upgrade the Linux box.
--
    "Now I have you where I want you... where is my jar of Bull ants?"
                                                             --unknown