pan-users

[Pan-users] A few dependency problems with 0.12.90

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: [Pan-users] A few dependency problems with 0.12.90
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 21:50:17 -0600

Trying to resolve the last library dep problems and I'm having trouble
finding a few packages I need.  I've searched rpmfind.net and the
Rawhide site - the rawhide site has them, but I can't download them (I
get a 404 page not found when I click on the file on the ftp site in
Mozilla).

The pango packages that are needed for gtk2 2.0.5 aren't available there
any more.  Does anyone have pango 1.0.99.020703-1 and devel packages or
later they could e-mail me off-list?  What I find even on the pango
website is only vresions 1.0.0 through 1.0.3 - no 1.0.99 releases there
either, so building it from source would even be difficult.

Also seeing the following dependency failures, and I can't determine
which package contains these libraries:

        libfontconfig.so.1   is needed by gtk2-2.0.5-4
        libpng12.so.0   is needed by gtk2-2.0.5-4
        libXft.so.2   is needed by gtk2-2.0.5-4

What I do know is that they're not in pango. :-)

I figure if I can get these library dependencies solved (along with
their devel packages) and install the RPM of 0.12.90, then I should be
able to build it from source.

Jim