pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] 2 Feature Requests

From: Himanshu J. Gohel
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] 2 Feature Requests
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 22:12:44 -0700

From: "Charles Kerr" <address@hidden>

! Sorry, original attribution was lost in the quotation!

> > First request:  I can't seem to find a way to turn off the
> > automatic quoting of a message you're replying to.
   <...SNIP...>
> > 1. Automatically quote article being replied to.
> > 2. Manually quote article being replied to (button on the reply
> > dialog)
> > 3. "Paste as Quotation" - take the text currently in the buffer
> > andpaste it as a quote with no attribution line.
>
> Currently, if you hit reply and text is selected, just that text
> will be quoed.  Otherwise, the entire body will be quoted.
> Anyone else want to see the options as listed above?

While the quote-selected-text is useful, it's a hidden feature.
"Automatically quote when replying" should be a user preference, and "Quote"
should be a button to be used whenever the user desires, no matter what the
options are set to.  Would satisfy all needs I think.

> > Second request:  It would be really handy if the references field
> > was clickable; sometimes a parent message is in a different newsgroup
> Oh, I like this idea.
> We used to have this when we were using the html renderer;
> gtk2 makes it possible now too.

Cool!  Google and Pan rolled into one!  IIRC knews had something like this
also.  Very very useful.

Himanshu