pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Segmentation Fault

From: Denis Pelletier
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Segmentation Fault
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 15:10:01 -0400

On Thursday 01 August 2002 12:25, sam wrote:
> I'm running a mandrake 8.2 system and updated to 12.92-1 from
> 12.90-1. I grabbed the files off cooker using urpmi.
>
> When I go to start pan after a reboot  I get the pan icon in the task
> bar for about 30 seconds and then it goes away. If I try to start from
> a terminal it immediately goes to a segmentation fault.
>
> I'm a medium newbie w/Linux so I'm not sure where to go to find out
> why it's blowing up on me. How to I create or find a pan log to help
> troubleshooting.

You can't and should not install a binary file from cooker in a regular
release. The rpms in cooker are now compiled with gcc3.2 while in Mandrake
8.2 they are compiled with gcc2.96. You must compile the srpm.

If you want the latest release of pan I guess you should install the ones
you'll find on pan`s web site.

Denis