pan-users

[Pan-users] X-Comment-To header as an option

From: Lee J. Moore
Subject: [Pan-users] X-Comment-To header as an option
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 19:35:34 +0100

It's been a few months since I was on the pan-users list (it was
at a different address I think) and I recall the occasional
question about the X-Comment-To: header which accompanies posted
articles.

Myself, I've had the occasional response from other Usenet users
asking (at times confrontationally) why their email address is
in my headers.  Admittedly, this usually happens with
non-technical users in my local and ISP related hierarchies, but
regardless, it's a bit annoying - particularly as I don't use
Fido groups, which I believe is what the X-Comment-To header is
really there for.

Anyway, my question: Is there a reason the attachment of this
header isn't optional?  I suspect it might not be an option
because the newsreader would get a lower GNKSA score although
I'm not sure.
--
Lee J. Moore