pan-users

[Pan-users] Feature request - "Mark Thread Read"

From: Gollum
Subject: [Pan-users] Feature request - "Mark Thread Read"
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 01:49:14 +0200

The most essential feature that I've found missing in Pan (0.12.1) so far is
"Mark Thread Read", which I find much more useful than "Mark Read" or "Mark
Group Read".

Or is it hidden somewhere else than under Articles (where "Mark Read" and
"Watch Thread" are)?

This feature is pretty standard; the only other newsreader where I haven't
found it is Free Agent.  I've found it in Knode, Netscape Communicator,
Gravity, M$ Outlook Express and even the old M$ Internet News.)

I find this feature useful to prevent marked threads from being shown next time
I check the group with a "watched threads with unread"
filter, unless there are new postings.
(Using a "watched threads with new" filter doesn't work if I have
refreshed the headers more than once since I checked the thread.)

Should I report this in Bugzilla (with severity="enhancement")?