pan-users

[Pan-users] Pan closing when changing desktops??

From: Fred Fraley
Subject: [Pan-users] Pan closing when changing desktops??
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 11:15:13 -0400

Pan 0.12.93 on MDK 8.2/Gnome desktop, but from Red Hat 0.12.93.i686.rpm.

        Pan appeared to close several times last night when I changed to
another
desktop and returned.  At least three times when I reopened it I got a dialog
box saying Pan had been crashed or killed last time, did I want to revert to
the old tasklist.  It did happen once this morning, but I cannot reproduce it.
        The only reason I am not sure it closed itself is that I get the same
dialog
box sometimes when I think I close normally (eg., after logging off last
night, logging in this morning), and I'm never quite certain what mischief
the Flaky Fickle Fingers of Fred were up to while I looked away.

        So, has anyone else noticed this oddity?
        And where is my debug file, am I looking in the wring place (my home
directory)?
        I'm opening Pan from a toolbar with the commandline
                /usr/bin/pan --debug
but don't seem to produce a debug file anymore since using gdm to backtrace
another problem a couple of weeks ago.

===
I've gone to find myself.
If you see me first, please ask me to wait until I return.

        Thank you