pan-users

[Pan-users] "Unsupported data version"

From: Vigil
Subject: [Pan-users] "Unsupported data version"
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 16:11:34 +0100 (BST)

Hello,

I've just updated my 'system' to Gnome 2 from source (following
http://www.karubik.de/gig/2.0/index.html). I deleted all traces of Gnome 1.4
that I could remember. I downloaded and compiled Pan 0.12.93. I lost my news
server settings, so I entered them again, but now whenever I try to view a list
of messages in a group, I get the error "Unsupported data version for <group>
headers: 0. Are you running an old version of Pan by accident?". Now, I'm not,
because I uninstalled the old version and this says it's Pan 0.12.93.

IIRC there was a message about this on the Pan website when the Gnome 2 version
was released, but I cannot find it now, even in the mailing list archives. I
might be wrong.

I tried deleting ~/.pan and ~/.newsrc, and even running it as a different user,
but it always displays this error and I can't now use newsgroups :-(

Also, every time I start Pan, the newsgroups listings have gone, as well as the
list of subscribed groups, but the news server config is still there, so I have
to re-get the list of groups from the server and re-subscribe :-/

Please help!