pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Feature Request

From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Feature Request
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 12:20:41 -0500

> And a breakout type game to play while we wait for it all to load :)

better write that patch for Mozilla... ;)

seriously; I think that eventually (maybe even soon); there will be a
convenient way to pass arbitrary text to many mailreaders, so they can be
invoked from other programs, with the message body &c. filled in.

I'll bet KMail already has some functionality like this; since the KDE suite
is pretty strong that way. you need a way to invoke DCOP stuff, but I think
there's a command-line tool for that.
dunno what GNOME2 has.
personally, I SSH to the mail server and use Mutt; so it may be a while
before there's an easy way to remotely control that. :) (tho it's far from
impossible).

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Systems Administrator