pan-users

[Pan-users] Feature Req: Pan Config Backup

From: John J. LeMay Jr.
Subject: [Pan-users] Feature Req: Pan Config Backup
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 21:58:25 -0400

I realized tonight that it would be nice to have a feature that would allow Pan
to backup it's own configuration to a file. This would come in handy here when
I manage to corrupt my Pan config or when a CVS version has some bug that kills
something or another. Of course I don't expect it to backup everything, but
server names, a list of subscribed groups, personal settings like sig files,
and info on fonts and window layout would be nice.

I know there is only a couple of places where this stuff resides, but I thought
it sounded simple enough to implement and could be helpful to the "newbies" or
people like me that can't always remember what to keep when rebuilding a
machine. I thought a "Backup" entry under the "Tools" menu looked like the
right place.

John LeMay
Senior Enterprise Consultant
NJMC | http://www.njmc.com | Phone 732-785-2525
Specializing in Microsoft and Unix based solutions