pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Quotation ratio

From: Esa Riihonen
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Quotation ratio
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 08:05:40 +0300

On Thu, 2002-09-05 at 01:30, Charles Kerr wrote:
> > I started pan from console window where I got these messages (from the
> > second-level follow up trial):
> >
> > ---
> >
> > ** WARNING **: Posting failed: 441 Article not posted -- more included
> > text than new text
> >
> > ** WARNING **: NNTP Article "Re: testiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" (1 of 1)
> > not posted.
> >
> > pan-WARNING **: Usenet posting failed.
> > Your message was saved in the folder ``pan.sendlater''
>
> Looks like your news server is stricter than Pan is --
> that's who's rejecting your post.
>
> cheers,
> Charles

Right, I just learned that our news server has been compiled with so
called 'Hitler'-settings. So everything is way too strict, including the
quotation limit. Have to take this up with the guys from the computing
center then.

Thanks for the help,

Esa

--

Esa Riihonen
Vaisala Institute of Space Physics and Astronomy