pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] No spell-check in 0.13.0.91

From: Toby Inkster
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] No spell-check in 0.13.0.91
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 18:30:59 +0100

On Sun, 22 Sep 2002 16:56:14 +0200
Gollum <address@hidden> wrote:

| I tried replacing the PLD Linux gtkspell-2.0.2 RPM with Toby
| Inkster's RPM for Mandrake 8.1:
|
| Then I tried using Toby's Pan-0.13.0.91 RPM for Mandrake 8.1, but
| then Pan crashed each time I tried to post a message or a reply.
| (The compose window never opens.)

You used them both in *conjunction* I hope. Also, what version of Pspell and
Aspell are you using? This is what I have:

Gollum also wrote:
| BTW, I also wonder what GTK2 RPM(s) you have used.  When I
| install your RPM, I have to force the installation because of
| this conflict:
|   "gtk2 >= 2.0.5 is needed by pan-0.13.0.91-1"
| I didn't get this message when installing Toby's Pan RPM.
| I use the following GTK2 cooker packages:
|   gtk+2.0-2.0.6-2mdk
|   libgtk+2.0_0-2.0.6-2mdk
|   libgtk+-x11-2.0_0-2.0.6-2mdk
| All were compiled on August 8 by MandrakeSoft.

This is the rather irritating naming conflict between Red Hat and Mandrake.
Mandrake calls its GTK 2 rpms "gtk+2.0", whereas Red Hat and most other
RPM-based distros use the less future-proof "gtk2".

So if you install a Red Hat based RPM that needs GTK 2 on a Mandrake box, it
will ask for "gtk2", even though you already have "gtk+2.0". On the other hand,
my RPMs specifically refer to GTK 2 by the Mandrake name, so you don't get that
dependency hassle.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc ARCS
PGP:      http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/node.cgi?id=12

Version:  pan-0.13.0.91-1

Get your Pan RPMs (Mandrake 8.1, i586) at:
    http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/node.cgi?id=209