pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan and IMAP

From: Himanshu J. Gohel
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan and IMAP
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 17:30:30 -0700

"Mark Derricutt" <address@hidden> asked:

> What would it take to get pan to handle IMAP accounts?
 <snip>
> Would it be hard?  Would it be viable?  Would it be useful?

I remember reading this quote a long time ago, and luckily JWZ's site
(i.e. JWZ of Netscape fame) is still around:

http://www.jwz.org/hacks/

Here's the part that I'm referring to (quoting JWZ):

"Next, I designed, and Terry Weissman and I implemented, the Netscape Mail
and News clients, versions 2.0 through 3.0. This was our contribution to
the proof of the Law of Software Envelopment:

     ``Every program attempts to expand until it can read mail. Those
programs which cannot so expand are replaced by ones which can.''
"

Himanshu