pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] RH8.0 testers needed

From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] RH8.0 testers needed
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:37:17 -0500

> speaking of downloading, has anyone given any thought to making those
> directories apt-getable?  apt-rpm just rocks.

try grab.
http://www.runlevelzero.net/greg/grab/

works a lot like apt4rpm; but is a bit more durable in some ways, and
doesn't require an apt-ified repository (it'll build the necessary databases
itself).

not that apt doesn't have its place... I use both; but apt4rpm breaks
entirely too much in my experience (tho this is sometimes as much the fault
of the package maintainers as of apt itself).

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Systems Administrator
Real-Time Enterprises