pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Setting article read

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Setting article read
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 15:15:27 -0700

On Friday 11 October 2002 20:22, Michael wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-10-12 at 10:55, Michael wrote:
> > I am not sure what PAN version I had with Slackware, though the 0.13.0
> > version that comes with Mandrake doesn't seem happy to mark articles as
> > read after selecting them. I am positive the old version did that. Could
> > this be a bug?
> >
> > This feature however 'occasionally' works. Its just I hate pressing 'M'
> >
> > :P
>
> After clicking and observing, any message with an Xref tag will happily
> mark itself as read when I select it. 2 separate messages I have sent,
> from PAN and 2hrs apart, one contains this tag while one does not. What
> is this tag for and why is it selective?

That seems to have pinned down the problem a bit.  This bug has been reported
several times, with a user's own posts.  See bug #90083.  Also see the "Sent
posts not showing up thread, started by Matt just today, which I believe to
be related, and where I am posting some more info shortly.

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin