pan-users

[Pan-users] Group-specific rules? Mark Unread? Mark thread read? Customi

From: Paul Hudson
Subject: [Pan-users] Group-specific rules? Mark Unread? Mark thread read? Customised toolbars/menus?
Date: 21 Oct 2002 15:24:52 +0100

(Warning: Pan newbie ahead)

On Windows, I use Xnews, and have it very efficiently set up for my
usage.With Pan, I'm getting there, but there seem to be things missing I
can't work out how to do.

In some groups, I want to have a lot of group-specific filtering. I can
add a custom filter and rule, tying the rule to the group. So far, OK.

However, the filters tend to change a lot as I try to kill more and more
of the stuff I'm not interested in, and it's a pain to get to the filter
definition (Tools / filters / <select>, Edit etc).

What's the best way of doing this? What I'd like is a rule for each
group and a way from the "Add to Bozo or Spam filter" to specify if it's
a global or group specific rule.

How do I set a keyboard accelerator to mark an article unread? Selecting
the menu entry and pressing the key combination as the FAQ suggests
doesn't seem to do anything for me?

Is there a way of marking a thread read that's quicker than Shift-D m n?
I do this a lot, so a single unshifted key stroke would be good.

Can I customise the menus? In particular, I'd like to add "Mark read"
and "Mark unread" to the right-click menu for the header pane...

I'd like to add my voice to the request for making "virtual" newsgroups
out of several newsfeeds.

I think that'll do for now :-)

P.