pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Problems using Pan with a gcc 3.2 compiled gtk and glib.

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Problems using Pan with a gcc 3.2 compiled gtk and glib.
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 02:11:00 -0700

On Friday 25 October 2002 12:55, address@hidden wrote:
> Hey,
>       I was wondering if anyone has experienced any problems with pan
> and a gcc 3.2 compiled system. More specifically has anyone had Pan
> segfault when they tried to post, or segfault when reading certain
> articles.
>
> The version of Pan in which these problems are occuring is 13.1
> Gcc is 3.2
> Glibc is 2.2.5
> GTK is 2.0.6

A segfault when attempting to initiate a compose (for posting, but when
popping up the compose window), seems to be quite commonly associated with
gtkspell problems.  If that's what you mean, and it happens 100% of the time,
try compiling w/ spelling disabled.

As for gcc 3.2 specifically, IIRC, there's been at least one other mention I
r/c, but I don't remember whether it was on the lists or in bugzilla I saw
it.  Sorry I can't be more help, there, but Charles likely will be, when he
gets to this.

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin