pan-users

[Pan-users] missing options for font weighting and colors

From: Jeff Lightfoot
Subject: [Pan-users] missing options for font weighting and colors
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 02:43:32 -0700

When the big change occurred (0.13 or so) many of the font preferences
(bold, color, ...) disappeared for items like new/unread/read
messages.

It might have been replaced with an obscure .gtkrc option but I have
searched and searched to no avail.

Currently it seems that all new/unread messages have a font weighting
of bold which for me is not useful because read items seem to change
to light gray anyway which is perfect. I currently compile pan
changing the pango_font_description_set_weight to use
PANGO_WEIGHT_NORMAL instead of PANGO_WEIGHT_BOLD which is hard coded
in articlelist.c

Charles,
I'd like to file a feature request to get the missing configuration
items back into Pan but I'm not entirely sure if I'm just missing
something obvious and the ability is already available by some other
means.  If you let me know that filing a feature request/bug is the
right thing, I'll go ahead and do it.

I could also make a cheesy patch that would put a configuration option
to choose between PANGO_WEIGHT_NORMAL or BOLD but it would just be
terrible hack from a non programmer. :-)

--
Jeff Lightfoot    --    address@hidden    --    http://thefoots.com/