pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: PAN best newsreader under Linux but ...

From: Toby A Inkster
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: PAN best newsreader under Linux but ...
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 19:12:37 +0000

On Mon, 30 Dec 2002 23:18:02 +0000, Stuart Pettie wrote:

> For releases why not create an tar file with PAN & dependant files, yes I
> know
> that would be a bit of an over kill, but at least it would allow me to run
> the new versions with out having to trawl the net until some kind soul
> provides a RPM(aka Mandrake team) which tells me what I need, rather than the
> config & install messages.

What I'd recommend is this -- wait a day after each release, and then look
for Pan on a Mandrake Cooker mirror. The Mandrake Cooker builds usually
turn up very promptly. The mirror will also include everything else you
need to install (GTK 2, etc)

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
E-mail:   address@hidden

I selected E5 ... but I didn't hear "Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs"!