pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.13.3 w/GTK 2.2 - WoW!

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.13.3 w/GTK 2.2 - WoW!
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 13:59:26 -0700

On Sat 04 Jan 2003 05:12, Frank Van Damme posted as excerpted below:
> ok this is funny:
>
> address@hidden:~/build/pan-0.13.2$ ./pan/pan
>
> ** (pan:13851): WARNING **: Couldn't load font "Sans 10" falling back to
> "Sans 10"
>
> ** (pan:13851): WARNING **: Couldn't load font "Sans 10" falling back to
> "Sans 10"
>
> ** (pan:13851): WARNING **: All font failbacks failed!!!!

That's often a problem with a mis-match between pango and xfontserver (xfs).
You need to upgrade one or the other, or downgrade the other one, so they
match.

The other problem/solution I've seen posted is with the BlueHighway font.
Some versions of it have issues, and folks have reported that changing it out
for a different version (I don't recall the URL unfortunately) works.  You
might try renaming it temporarily and see if that helps.  I expect it is the
closest type match in some installations, and if it isn't right, the thing
fails.

Of course, most of these have been using the binaries.  This is the first time
I've seen it mentioned building from source, but it's the same error, so I
assume the same type of fixes.

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin