pan-users

[Pan-users] Pan 0.13.3 Windows Port

From: Kevin Gottsman
Subject: [Pan-users] Pan 0.13.3 Windows Port
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 20:57:33 -0800

I am trying the first beta build of Pan and am running into a couple of issues.
I am running this on a new build of Windows XP SP1. If it makes any difference,
this is an SMP machine.

I installed the Gtk2 runtimes and the install seemed to go fine.

I then installed Pan. Pan asked me to reboot and I told it "no". I chose to put
an icon on the desktop. The shortcut is now there but the icon is not properly
represented.

After clicking on the icon, a DOS window spawned with a couple of messages. The
Pan Setup Wizard launced as well. The window was just white / blank.

After realizing that I probably should have rebooted, I did and am not getting
the same results when launching Pan. Pan just freezes and but I am able to kill
the process.

Thanks,
Kevin