pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] SPA

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] SPA
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 08:36:51 -0800

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 03:39:59PM -0600, Erick Kent wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to log in to a newsgroup using Secure Passowrd
> Authentication (SPA). I can't find this option in PAN but I have read it
> was capable of doing this. When I enter my username and password in the
> "Authorization" box it fails to connect. I'd like to know what I am not
> doing so I can get this working.

Marc Prud'hommeaux added a patch to get Pan to work transparently with
SPA; however, since I don't have an account on an SPA newsserver I haven't
tested it recently.

Suggestions:

(1) Is there a free SPA server somewhere that I can try Pan out on?

(2) Could you run Pan from a terminal with the argument --debug-sockets
    and see what Pan and your news server are saying to one another?

cheers,
Charles