pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: read-only groups dont get "read"

From: Toby A Inkster
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: read-only groups dont get "read"
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 23:27:47 +0000

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 08:42:58 -0500, brett holcomb wrote:

> what exactly is newsplex?  I've just started to use PAN
> and like it except for the fact I can't view all my groups
> at one time (I know they are thinking about that problem).
>  I like to have all my groups available and just click
> through them without having to select servers.

Ah, so do I, which is why I use... Leafnode!

Leafnode is a small NNTP server. Simply set it up to peer from your
multiple news servers and then point PAN at Leafnode.

For example, I used to read some groups from news.cis.dfn.de and some
groups from news.gmane.org. Now I've set up Leafnode to download articles
from both of these servers and I've set PAN to only download articles from
Leafnode.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
E-mail:   address@hidden

OVER the underpass!  UNDER the overpass!  Around the FUTURE and BEYOND REPAIR!!