pan-users

[Pan-users] Web site design issue (foreground/background colors)

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Web site design issue (foreground/background colors)
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 20:32:14 -0700

I prefer light text on dark, and have Konqueror set up for that by default.
The PAN site, of course, sets body background black, then table background
white, without settting text/foreground color.  Thus, I get white text on
white background, and can't see it unless I select all, or some such.

One of the standard rules for setting color (according to RichInStyle.com's
CSS tutorial, which I read a couple months ago) is to always set foreground
when you set background (generally to contrasting colors), to avoid such a
problem,  Unfortunately, the PAN site error isn't nearly as uncommon as it
should be, but it's one I'm on the maling list for the product available
there, so...

Of course, I don't expect you to necessarily honor my light on dark
preference, but at least setting foreground specifically to dark, when you
set background to light, would be very helpful.

(One of these days I'll FilterProxy up and running and create some rules to
work around this sort of thing, but of course, that doesn't fix it for
others.)

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin