pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.13.3.91

From: Dave Hill
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.13.3.91
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 00:07:42 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 2 Feb 2003 14:33:00 -0800 Charles Kerr writted:

> Could someone verify this, or Brian could you mail me a --debug-sockets
> session offlist?  I've tested the patch out on a couple of servers &
> platforms and it seems to be working on all of them.

Funnily enough, I haven't seen Brian's original problem either (famous
last words..). I'm running without the patch and I load headers both from
a local INN server and from the ISP's news server and, since the patch of
2003-01-27 in the CVS, I haven't had any fatal errors or freezing.

I always use "Download new headers in Subscribed groups", FWIW.

The only error I have seen is when one socket failed to connect. I didn't
even notice it until the log icon appeared Red, because the other sockets
shared the load flawlessly. The old version would have hung at that point
until the socket timed out.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Dave

--
Dave Hill, Kempston, Bedford UK                 address@hidden

I looked up the word 'paranoid' in the dictionary. It said 'what do you
want to know for?' Interestingly, I couldn't find the word 'camouflage'
anywhere...                             "MadDanEccles" on alt.fan.goons