pan-users

[Pan-users] Feature req.: background retrive

From: Holger Morgen
Subject: [Pan-users] Feature req.: background retrive
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 17:44:19 +0100

Hi -

Iam thinking of makeing a small, simple util to get "tasks" done in the
background -
(while user is logged off and / or X not running) or even on a diffrent
machine.

Iam thing of "just" takeing the tasks.xml (and config.xml to get IP/logins)
and just running
through each entry.

Getting the recived messages back into pan might be a lot harder... But I
see 3-4 posibilites:

a. If all the tasks are file downloads, I could just decode them without
pan.
  (I have done something like this before...)

b. I could import the header&bodys into the cachefile of pan.

c. I could make a "fake" local nntp-server and connect pan to that (perhaps
using INN).

Am  I wasting my time doing this? Should I RTFM because pan can already do
this? Should
I look at pan itself and make a -b / --background option?

/morgen