pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.13.3.92 download connections

From: Kevin
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.13.3.92 download connections
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 18:30:40 -1000

On Sunday 09 February 2003 05:51 pm, Duncan wrote:
> On Sun 09 Feb 2003 17:14, Kevin posted as excerpted below:
> > Is the referenced version using the new 'multiple connections for one
> > binary' code?
> >
> > Reason I ask is I'm getting one binary at a time, and if I look in the
> > log viewer it tries to download a second or third, but I get my news
> > server message about "..only 3 connections per host allowed..".
>
> Yes.  It is using all four connections here, on a single task, anyway.
>
> Apologies if the following is going over stuff you checked already, and
> seems a bit simplistic, but it never hurts to be sure..

<snip>

Thanks Duncan,

I already had connection limit to 3.  I do have another server profile setup,
I suspect for the same reason as you.  However nothing was being downloaded
on it.

All 3 connections were being used for each of the binaries I was getting on
the one server.  No big deal.  I think it would be interesting to see if
there's a speed difference in allowing 3 connections for 1 binary, or 3
connections for 3 binaries, as far as how long it takes to get the total of
3.  Did that make sense?  :)

Since I know that code is included, it makes perfect sense.

Thanks,

Kevin