pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Feature request: "Invert" item on the "Filter" menu

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Feature request: "Invert" item on the "Filter" menu
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 20:16:39 -0700

On Sat 15 Feb 2003 03:11, Toby A Inkster posted as excerpted below:
> Would be nice if I could just toggle between, for example, threads which I
> have participated in, and threads that I've not, with a simple "invert
> filter" command.

But..  How many filters do you want it to invert, and how do you tell which
ones.  IOW, a simple toggle filter would toggle from threads I've
participated in, new and unread messages only, cached and uncached, w/o
attachments, etc, to threads I've NOT particpated in, only READ messages,
only messages WITH attachments, etc.  IOW, invert filters wouldn't have the
desired effect.

There is a simple way to do what you want, I think, tho, on filters you
commonly use.  I do it here with the read messages toggle.  I simply
(re)assigned the Ctl-R hotkey to toggle that filter, so if I am viewing a
message in my normal unread messages only mode, and want to see the entire
thread, I simply hit control-r and vwalla!  See the frequent threads about
customizing hotkeys for details, if needed.

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin