pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Regexp debugging

From: Jean-Marc
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Regexp debugging
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 15:00:19 +0100

* Duncan [Sat, 15/02/2003 at 20:06 -0700]
> On Sat 15 Feb 2003 04:45, Jean-Marc posted as excerpted below:
> > I'm trying to use regexps to filter out some articles
> > for example the following regexp :
> > [\[\(\{][ \t]*[Mm][ \t]*[\]\}\)]
> > to get rid off articles with a subject containing (m) or [M] for
> > example.
> >
> > However this doesn't seem to work. Is there an obvious flaw I don't see
> > in my regexp or isn't it in the good format ?
>
> You didn't mention which version of PAN.  A recent one (0.13.3.90, IIRC, or
> maybe .91) broke some of the filtering, but it's fixed in the latest beta
> (.93).  Eliminating that as a possibility is useful for determining if it's
> worth tracing further, or not.

It was extracted from CVS on 9th Feb (help|about gives version 0.13.3.93)

> BTW, Charles mentioned he's working on adding scoring now, altho I think he's
> planning that after 0.13.4 stable, so the entire filtering code is likely to
> change shortly.  Tracking down a current issue might not be worth a huge
> amount of effort, but OTOH, a small fix now might keep the same possible
> issue out of the new code, so it's worth reporting.

If it's a feature not known to work presently or prone to be broken soon
that's a good piece of information too. I'll wait for the feature to be
testable. Keep the list informed when testers are needed.

--
Jean-Marc