pan-users

[Pan-users] header pane encoding problem

From: wadim dziedzic
Subject: [Pan-users] header pane encoding problem
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 20:09:29 +0100

hello,
I'm using Pan newsreader (0.13.3) with default group charset set to
iso8859-2. Everything works well when special (national) characters in
message headers are mime or quoted printable encoded.
But when there are plain 8-bit characters in message headers Pan's
header pane ignores the default group charset and displays subjects and
authors using 8859-1, I suppose. In message body everything looks fine
(the message text and headers).

My question is: Is it my settings problem or a bug? :-)

p.s. if I didn't wrote it clear the problem is that Header Pane ignores
default group charset.

greetings,
wadim
--