pan-users

[Pan-users] Filtering Bug

From: Toby A Inkster
Subject: [Pan-users] Filtering Bug
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 08:11:25 +0000

To reproduce:

1. go to any group, which we'll call "alt.a"

2. type some phrase into the filter field above the message list --
something that you know will match at least one article.

3. press Enter to apply the filter. Wait for Pan to apply it.

4. Now delete the text from the filter field. DO NOT PRESS ENTER!

5. Click on another newsgroup, "alt.b".

What you will observe is this: the articles from "alt.b" will show briefly,
and then the articles from "alt.a" will reappear, so you will end up with
the strange situation of the groups pane showing "alt.b" as selected, but
the message list showing "alt.a"

Tested in 0.13.3.93.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS | mailto:address@hidden | pgp:0x6A2A7D39