pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] clicking on URL's

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] clicking on URL's
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 09:07:49 -0700

On Thu 27 Feb 2003 07:38, Bruce Bowler posted as excerpted below:
> I've been a 0.11.x user for a while but recently upgraded from RH7.2 to
> RH8.0.  During that upgrade, I moved from 0.11.x to 0.13.3.  I've noticed
> since the upgrade that if I double click on a URL in a message (I know a
> single click will launch it but old habits die hard), I get *3* browser
> windows showing up.  I could understand 2, but why 3???

Hmm...  You are right.  I'm so used to single-clicking URLs, I'd never tried
double-clicking one, but it indeed DOES result in three browser windows, here
on the new 0.13.4 as well.

I don't know why, but I'd speculate it's because the click parser, which if I
don't miss my guess is part of the gtk2 libs, not PAN itself, somehow sees
two single clicks AND a doubleclick.  FWIW, in trying it, I was thinking
three 'cause that's what I just read, so I tripleclicked, and got FIVE
browser windows, the first time.  Therefore, apparently, the first click
opens one, and additional clicks open two each.

Interesting behavior.  As I said, I suspect this may be the gtk2 libs, but
Charles should be able to confirm it.  A bug report is probably in order in
any case, on it, but knowing on what component to file it under would be
nice...

BTW, if you are on broadband and do binaries, and your server allows multiple
but capped connections, you will probably want to upgrade to .4, as it
handles binary downloads much more efficiently.  I can hardly wait until the
0.13.9x betas for 0.14 start coming out, as they are supposed to have new
scoring features, and I'm wanting the new PAN toys to play with!  <g>

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin