pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Asian characters - should this work?

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Asian characters - should this work?
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 05:19:37 -0700

On Wed 21 May 2003 16:40, Wolf J. Flywheel posted as excerpted below:
>         I just stumbled across this one while reading the gentoo-users
> mailing list via gmane.org.  A particular message, which I suppose was
> posted in Korean, displays odd rectangular glyphs instead of what I'd
> expect -- not that the Korean characters would make any more sense to me!
>  :)

I've seen that a time or two, but don't recall what app it was in.  I think it
might have been KDE, however, which brings me to the point.. I think that
happens to be the glyphs whatever western font may have at those high
character values or whatever.  If you had the correct font, it would show the
correct glyphs.

BTW, those rectangles look like dominoes to me.  <g>  Those are small
rectangular blocks of wood or whatever, with dots marking numbers, one number
at each end, as played in a game called dominoes.  I assume whatever font it
is was used by one of the sponsors as a doubling for a domino font, for some
sort of game.

Of course, that's just guessing, here..

--
Duncan