pan-users

[Pan-users] Pan shows only unread articles

From: Artur Jachacy
Subject: [Pan-users] Pan shows only unread articles
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 05:48:35 +0200

Hello,

I've just started fiddling with Pan 0.14 for Windows and I've noticed a
very strange thing. I subscribed to a group, downloaded some messages,
marked them all as read and then quit the program. When I opened Pan
again, it showed only new, freshly downloaded, unread messages. The ones
I downloaded before disappeared. Before you ask, the 'Show only unread
articles' filter is not switched on. I looked into the .dat file for the
newsgroup and it seems that Pan keeps only message-IDs of the messages,
without any headers or bodies. I don't think anything like that has
happened ever before. I tried re-installing Pan, even GTK, but to no
avail, the problem persists.

Any ideas?

--
Artur Jachacy